Thursday, October 8, 2009

New Doctor Who Logo


I used to watch Doctor Who on public television when I was a kid and even went to a convention with my dad and sister. "NERD!" Doctor Who is a long running science fiction show that began in 1963. That's a bit deceptive though since it hasn't been produced consistently since 1963. The show more or less ended in 1989 and a revival was attempted in 1996. However, the '96 crummy TV movie was unsuccessful in relaunching the series. Finally, the show was successfully revived in 2005 and has been produced ever since.

One of the things that helped Doctor Who to endure so long was the ability to keep the same protaganist and change the actor. The Doctor is a Time Lord from the planet Gallifrey. When he dies, his body regenerates and thus, the show goes on. In a world where everything is spoiled on the Internet and is hyped in advertising, "Whovians" know that the latest Doctor is going to die soon. That means a new Doctor and a new logo. I have a strange interest in logos. Well, this is the new logo:


I love the theme song for Doctor Who. You may have heard it before without knowing that's what it is. Here are all the different variations of the theme song from the beginning of the show to the present. The latest theme song is below:

1 comment:

Michael and Jeanette said...

When I click on a link about other Dr. Who music, I don't want it to navigate me away from your page, I want it to open in another tab or window. Change this please. There. That's my comment. Now you know I'm reading your blog. -MM